• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Earls Court 100M in Classic Motorsports

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The March issue of Classic Motorsport magazine has a nice seven page feature article on the black over pink 100M that was originally restored by Alan Alfano. Here's the illustration David Townsend did of the car:

attachment.php

It's an interesting story how Al discovered it was the Earls Court car after receiving the BMHIT certificate. Well worth the read. The car is presently owned by Martin Stickley.

Country flag
I *just* walked in from the mailbox with the issue! Reading it will have to wait though, as I goofed off all of yesterday, making the mistake of turning on the TV to see how the Daytona 24 Hours was going...

... which led to watching a few Jay Leno's Garage videos, then a couple of the Bourne Identity movies__didn't get crap done!

I became a distant acquanitance of Alan Alfano's, through a mutual BMW M Coupe officionado, Ron Stygar; we've spoken on the phone a couple of times, but never had the pleasure of a face to face meeting.

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
I *just* walked in from the mailbox with the issue! Reading it will have to wait though, as I goofed off all of yesterday, making the mistake of turning on the TV to see how the Daytona 24 Hours was going...

... which led to watching a few Jay Leno's Garage videos, then a couple of the Bourne Identity movies__didn't get crap done!

I became a distant acquanitance of Alan Alfano's, through a mutual BMW M Coupe officionado, Ron Stygar; we've spoken on the phone a couple of times, but never had the pleasure of a face to face meeting.

Don't be too hard on yourself Randy, that is why you retired to Floriada in the first place! Or at least semi retired..:smile:. Some forum member in your area is hunting you down for a motor rebuild on a different thread.

Country flag
Don't be too hard on yourself Randy, that is why you retired to Floriada in the first place! Or at least semi retired..:smile:. Some forum member in your area is hunting you down for a motor rebuild on a different thread.
:smile: Oh, I'm not allowed to use the R-word (not even the semi R-word)! If I don't ride my a$$ once in a while, nobody else will, lol!

Actually, I have a strong sense of responsibility to return people's cars to them in a timely manner__though there was that one BJ8 I held for a guy for guy in Louisiana nine (9!) years; I think he was more interested in a storage space, and just kept feeding me work to keep the car there (I probably would've made more money if I worked for free and just charged monthly/annual storage). You should know that >95% of my customers have never seen me, just going on a leap of faith; I currently have cars from Washington (State, and a repeat customer, though with a different car), Maine, South Carolina, and I'm not really sure where the M3 Touring's owner is (he was living in The Florida Keys when the car was delivered, but might be in Ohio now...?).

I did see Keoke's recommendation (for which I say THANK YOU!) and responded, but it sounds like there's a good local network of Healey People down there (I sold an M3 to a guy in Ft Myers about a year ago, and considering that it's a 20+ year old car, seems to hold me in high esteem__at least publicly ;) ). We'll see how it goes; I'm more concerned that the guy gets what he wants/needs than I am about extending my backlog of work (NEVER EVER complain about being busy!).

Okay, welds have cooled, so time for me to get back to work ;)

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Well Randy, sounds like your not kicking back mellowing in margarita ville these days! As long as you enjoy your work and go at your own pace then I guess that is a really good thing you have going. You remind me of a family member who specialized in restoring corvettes for many years, he has ownership of 8 really nice old corvettes including a silver 63 split window, 62, 64, 65, 66, and three 67 big blocks. The past customers walked away from and abandoned them over the years ... He told me he never payed for a corvette yet! He drives a different one to breakfast every morning at the coffee shop near me."favores the silver 63 split window" Like you, keeping very busy as well. After I finally sort out some long time personal matters, Florida here I come!

Country flag
Well Randy, sounds like your not kicking back mellowing in margarita ville these days! As long as you enjoy your work and go at your own pace then I guess that is a really good thing you have going. You remind me of a family member who specialized in restoring corvettes for many years, he has ownership of 8 really nice old corvettes including a silver 63 split window, 62, 64, 65, 66, and three 67 big blocks. The past customers walked away from and abandoned them over the years ... He told me he never payed for a corvette yet! He drives a different one to breakfast every morning at the coffee shop near me."favores the silver 63 split window" Like you, keeping very busy as well. After I finally sort out some long time personal matters, Florida here I come!
We'll keep the light on!

Yes, I do enjoy what I do, and two (2) of my most favorite things to say when asked about what I do is "I stay home and play with cars" and "my commute is fourteen (14) steps, through the lanai!"

Sounds like your kin there has an even better thing going than me! The subdivision where I live is just eat up with Corvettes; ! already told my wife that if enough of their owners get on the HOA board, we may be required to get one to keep living here! Of course at my age, when you get a Corvette, you're expected to get a blonde too...
(that would REALLY CLASH with the Redhead I'm married to :hammer: )