Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Those biles are glorious. I know Vincent and HRD are related bikes.....both very keen. And rare.
I wish I could go to all these northeast events, but there's only so much time in life.
I was at the 2008 Duryea Hillclimb, which is an amazing event.
TRclassic3 very kindly brought me an Argentine car magazine when I was in hospital in the spring. It contained an article about Vincent as it has an Argentine connectiom.
If I remember correctly, Vincent was born in Argentina to a British subject who was a wealthy rancher there. Vincent's father sent Vincent to Great Britain for college. When he arrived, he was taken with motorcycles and bought HRD, a failing motorcycle manufacturer. He got tools, inventory, everything but a factory building. A suitable factory was procured and HRD Vincent, as it was called, started making motorcycles. The HRD was dropped from the name when they started exporting to the U.S. to avoid confusion with Harley-Davidson.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.