• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dunlop D-Type wheels

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Andrea-

I was very lucky when I found my car residing in California, all it's life and well care for. It's always been a street car while still clocking weekend track use over the years. All the mechcanicals function very well. I usually get a big laugh on the pre-grid with the wippers on in the pouring rain. My favorite remark from a driver in an open car was something like, "don't rub in in." LOL

6454054915_3bdb7fafba_z.jpg

TFR1

Country flag
DerekJ,

10 years ago I made a trip from Georgia to California in a wire wheel Healey, about 6000 miles in all. Three flat tires may seem unlikely, but that is what happened. Actually spent 2 days in the middle of nowhere Nevada waiting for a tube and tire after a nasty blow out that damaged rim as well as destroying tube and tire.. If I am making a big trip, I always carry a mounted spare, a tube and another tire.
Never again want to be stranded in Nevada.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Andrea-

I was very lucky when I found my car residing in California, all it's life and well care for. It's always been a street car while still clocking weekend track use over the years. All the mechcanicals function very well. I usually get a big laugh on the pre-grid with the wippers on in the pouring rain. My favorite remark from a driver in an open car was something like, "don't rub in in." LOL

View attachment 30258

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Hey Dougie,
I have to give you a lot of credit...racing in the rain making all those moves on the competition, all while using those stock wing Mirrors! Ur a better man then I am..:encouragement:

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
this is a picture sent to me by realm. nice looking wheels but rather expensive...245 pounds? each plus 165 pounds shipping to south carolina. they are rather fetching!!!

Attachments

• 15D ds.jpg
    15D ds.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
Country flag
Rain? Looks like Dougie is now racing in the snow! And as far as those little wing mirrors go, Dougie obviously follows the first rule of Italian racing:

I LOVED that movie! Saw at the theatre in San Francisco when it first came out (back when Daytona spyders were still under $30k!!!).

I can't imagine all the traffic laws I broke on the way home in my clapped out '66 MGB, but I do remember the roller-coaster ride down some of the hills! Going up them, well that wasn't quite so dramatic ;)

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I LOVED that movie! Saw at the theatre in San Francisco when it first came out (back when Daytona spyders were still under $30k!!!).

I can't imagine all the traffic laws I broke on the way home in my clapped out '66 MGB, but I do remember the roller-coaster ride down some of the hills! Going up them, well that wasn't quite so dramatic ;)

Talk about movie-induced scary rides. I rode home with a buddy in his Dodge R/T with a 375 hp 440 ci motor after seeing "Bullitt" in the theater. At least we don't have a lot of San Francisco like hills in Eastern Massachusetts and we didn't perish in a ball of flames, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Country flag
Talk about movie-induced scary rides. I rode home with a buddy in his Dodge R/T with a 375 hp 440 ci motor after seeing "Bullitt" in the theater. At least we don't have a lot of San Francisco like hills in Eastern Massachusetts and we didn't perish in a ball of flames, but it wasn't for lack of trying.
I went to see Bullitt with my (ten years older) brother and his bride__he had a '68 Coronet R/T ('68 Charger R/T used in the chase sequence). Same 440/375 bhp Magnum engine :smile:

I was still living at home with our parents at that time, so getting me back home in one (1) piece was non-negotiable!

Before that, he and his then girlfriend took me to see Grand Prix at the downtown Detroit Cinema Theatre (70mm, wide-screen, surround sound__felt like you were IN the cars) this time, in a '65 Dodge Custom 880 (383/4bbl/automatic). He has a thing for Dodges...

[/highjack]