• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dri-Sleeve Moonraker

boris

Freshman Member
Hello everyone and good evening. I have been bullied (no, shamed) into writing because I am not pulling my weight on this Forum. This is my first post to say hello and ask ..... who among you own a Moonraker? Or, even know of the whereabouts of one.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome....& I'm curious...

Country flag
Hi, and welcome! What's a moonraker????

toysrrus

Yoda
Hello boris,

"Moonraker"?? Is that the same as a "Lawnraker"?? I`d bet "007" knows where you can find one!!

Good Luck,

Russ

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
OK, I'm a nut for T35Bs (who isn't?)...even the Moonraker replicas.

The *best* Bug replicas are the PurSang cars built in Argentina (at about $200,000 USD each....but they even cast their own straight eight engine).

Welcome!

OP
B

boris

Freshman Member
There were 6 factory builts and one went as a body/chassis and bits kit.
I participated (50%) in the design and construction of the prototype. By an amazing stroke of luck, I bought the 1st. car back only last year. It had been stored for over twenty years before having two owners when I retrieved it. So, it's covered 15,000 miles from new (1971). I have found the lone kit in the Cotswolds and the third factory built in South London. The second factory built went directly to a Rolls dealer in the Canary Islands. I have a photo, with a number plate (that I am not allowed to trace of course) of what is either the 4th. 5th. or 6th! This first car is the one that was in all the shows, magazines, newspapers & TV appearances at the time. 1st. day on the road was to participate in the Beaulie 100 Year Anniversary of the Motor Car 12th. April 1971. There, now you know almost as much as me on the subject and I can go back into my box and just read the Forum.
https://www.motorbase.com/profiles/picture/index.ehtml?i=2141378844;s=Dri-Sleeve;p=0

ratrod

Freshman Member
If anyone is interested in #6 of only 6 Dri-Sleeve Moonrakers made in 1971 I am in the market to sell mine. I live in U.S. Indiana. I also have the original blueprints for the car. I have all advertisements and articles from Hot Car Magazine. The car has 561 original miles. I acquired the car from Thomas Kowollik who purchased it while living in the UK and later had it shipped to the U.S. If anyone is interested please contact me at shaneswing@rocketmail.com. Thanks.

RICHARD SD

Freshman Member
Country flag
There were 6 factory builts and one went as a body/chassis and bits kit.
I participated (50%) in the design and construction of the prototype. By an amazing stroke of luck, I bought the 1st. car back only last year. It had been stored for over twenty years before having two owners when I retrieved it. So, it's covered 15,000 miles from new (1971). I have found the lone kit in the Cotswolds and the third factory built in South London. The second factory built went directly to a Rolls dealer in the Canary Islands. I have a photo, with a number plate (that I am not allowed to trace of course) of what is either the 4th. 5th. or 6th! This first car is the one that was in all the shows, magazines, newspapers & TV appearances at the time. 1st. day on the road was to participate in the Beaulie 100 Year Anniversary of the Motor Car 12th. April 1971. There, now you know almost as much as me on the subject and I can go back into my box and just read the Forum.
https://www.motorbase.com/profiles/picture/index.ehtml?i=2141378844;s=Dri-Sleeve;p=0
I have had my DRI-sleeve for 21 years do not use it much as I am now 87 but it gives me pleasure to see it in my collection
and has done 5.300 miles & the date of first registration is 02 03 1972 as DRI - SLEEVE . The tail lights spoil the car and I intend
to fit a pair of vintage ones modified to 2001 specification.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I have had my DRI-sleeve for 21 years do not use it much as I am now 87 but it gives me pleasure to see it in my collection
and has done 5.300 miles & the date of first registration is 02 03 1972 as DRI - SLEEVE . The tail lights spoil the car and I intend
to fit a pair of vintage ones modified to 2001 specification.
Hi Richard and welcome to the BCF! Say, why don't you post a "New Topic" and introduce yourself to the group - maybe post some pictures? This topic you replied to is rather old (last post was in 2015). At any rate, happy to have you aboard!

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The links are no longer working.
Anyone got a pic of one?

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Very cool.
Is it vintage or made to look that way?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Very cool.
Is it vintage or made to look that way?
All I know is what the google says but it is a 1971 tribute 1 of 6. And of course Bugatti type 37 tribute

Ramon88

Freshman Member
Country flag
good night,
I just bought a Dri-Sleeve Moonraker and I am looking for more information about the vehicle as well as spare parts but there is very little information on the internet.
Could anyone help me please?
My email is ramon_f.r (at) hotmail.com
Best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boris13

Freshman Member
Country flag
Ramon88, I designed and built your car. It was delivered to Jose Battancor on Las Palmas back in 1971. It was the only one that ever had a roof and a full windscreen with wipers, otherwise per. all the roadsters.
I tried several times and text options, to send you an email with many details regarding parts, construction etc. but nothing appeared to have worked? Please re-post here with your email address once more, or contact me on boriswillison@gmail.com. I am now living in Australia.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
very cool! but by your expression have you figured out yet what it is you are holding? :ROFLMAO: