Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My TR4 uses a dowel (solid) pin. Not a tension or roll pin. Really don't know why solid instead of a roll, can't be the torque involved. The lucas dizzy from my old alfa engine uses a dowel also. Someone around here probably knows the answer.
The only reason I can think of is the roll pin may be subject to movement (compression) and embrittle over time, but I've seen both types used for this application. Old Bosch dizz I have in the 1750 Alfa has a roll pin. All the 25D dizzy's I have use a solid one. *shrug*
I like to use the roll pins for several reasons...
1. They are easy to find locally.
2. Since they are larger then the hole they were designed to be used in, if there is any wear in the hole, the roll pin will take up the gap.
3. I have never seen one fail when used to replace a non-heat treated solid pin.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.