Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm looking up at the underside of my 4 pistons, oil pan removed. Any idea why piston number four would look brownish yellow up there on the underside?
I know that sounds strange, but that's what I'm seeing. thx
What do the others look like? Just guess, something causing a very different combustion temperature going on. Too lean, too rich, etc. Do you know that they were all the same at some time before?
I'm surprised the other three don't have some discoloration. Either #4 gets more oil under it, or it's running a bit hotter than the other three. How do the plugs look?
I believe there are cases where #4 does get hotter due to blockage in the rear coolant passages. I know I sucked some stuff out of there one time when I had the head off (shop vac with skinny tube -- sort of TR liposuction).
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.