• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Directional

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
For some reason my right rear directional refuses to blink front works and also dash light works tested the bulb and all connections I might have to run a line from the back to the front any suggestions it worked before driving me crazy. Is there a connection under the dash It's for a bj8

Country flag
Have you checked for power(12v) at the rear bullet connector, if power is there then trouble is in the bulb holder. If no power there, go back to bullet connector at the end of wire that come out of the steering box. Clean connectors and check for power again at the rear.
Marv

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
the front work so there is power
There are three connectors that isolate the front from the back. One connects the harness to the right turn signal pigtail, by the battery cutoff switch. That is the one Marvin is suggesting to check first. Next is on the left side in the trunk by the bumper bracket. That is a single pass through connector. Finally, on the firewall, next to the oil pressure line, is a double connector that separates the dash from the rear signals. The wire in question is green with a white tracer.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Check the ground at the lamp fixture too.

OH! - these fixtures can let water in and they rust inside the barrel usually they can be cleaned up to work again.

Last edited:

terp83

When the right turn signal is engaged, does the front light and the right dash light blink at a faster rate, than does the left when the left turn signal is engaged? If so, then the wiring to the right rear turn signal/stop lamp may be reversed.

Jerry

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi Ralph,

Greg has identified the connectors and their location for the power connections and the ground for the light is one of the lines connected via a screw to the frame work supporting the boot opening with the wire in 2 pieces from the light fixture linked through a bullet connector.

I would first change the bulb as I have had older bulbs loose contact within the fixture or fail with little visible indication. I then would check that you have power and ground within the light fixture to determine which is missing. Then work back on the side missing. Last, after identifying and fixing the issue, I always coat all my electrical connections with dielectric grease to keep out moisture to eliminate the formation of corrosion.

I know that all is not unfamiliar to you and I may only be reiterating but...

Good luck,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Greg problem solved it was the connection on the firewall guess it got loose
I've found a lot of corrosion in the rubber connectors and I used a skinny engine block brush to clean them out. I got the cheapies from Harbor Freight and they did the job. The dialectic grease works very good on keeping them corrosion free!