• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

did I mention I hate computers

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Most office type machines, such as copiers and laptops, have a stress detector built in. When it detects stress in the operator, like a tight, fast approaching deadline, they intentionally misbehave.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My Wife's laptop had that feature down to a science. 15 minute boot times when she had only 10 minutes to spare.

She has a new machine now.

David

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Most office type machines, such as copiers and laptops, have a stress detector built in. When it detects stress in the operator, like a tight, fast approaching deadline, they intentionally misbehave.

absolutely! Mrs JP had her first webinar last week and everything quit 15 minutes before. This time however, I am on holiday - so, theoretically at least....

(In other news holidays this month are going from the back yard to the front yard and back again)

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Next update - while I was back on wifi - still no love on the 5G network - normally 200+ MEG per second download speed, now as slow as .7-20 MEG. A couple of phone calls later and yesterday they said I needed a new modem, Amazingly it arrived today. went to hook it up and, well suffice it so say it would have been so much more helpful if he had told me yesterday that I needed to phone and have them activate the modem remotely. So, modem finally hooked up and now, with a new network I have to remember everything hooked up to the wifi. Thermostat was easy - Chromecast took a little longer to sort out. sheesh.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I’m in line for a new modem as well. What kind did you get? I have a modem and separate router. Thought it best to have two units in case one needed to be replaced. Do you think the modem/router in one box is the way to go?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I’m in line for a new modem as well. What kind did you get? I have a modem and separate router. Thought it best to have two units in case one needed to be replaced. Do you think the modem/router in one box is the way to go?

Ours is provided by our provider and the brand is Hitron - I feel like the technology is such that having one box is likely the easiest but then I am pretty technologically illiterate. :smile: