• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Denis Welch Front Disc Conversion Kit 100/6

Leew

Hi All
Has anyone bought and installed the Denis Welch Girling front disc conversion kit? Looks good value.....does it need a servo? Can one be fitted on my car 58 100/6 Longbridge build?
Any views / comment much appreciated.
L

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I installed this kit on my 100-6 but it was 12 years ago. You don't have to have the servo. The brakes were a marked improvement! The kit does not come with instructions, at least there were none back then. Excuse was that they did not want any liability on how you choose to use their products. They said, think about it and you can install the kit. It takes 3 hours for the first wheel and maybe half that for the second wheel. When I bought the kit, it did not come with the dust shield, but I know one of the English suppliers sells those now. Jerry

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I installed the Denis Welch kit ~20 years ago on my Longbridge BN4. No servo required. It's bolt on. I still don't have the dust shield. If it still uses the Girling 16PE calipers, the hose fittings are metric and the rebuild kits are the same as the late TR6.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I installed the Denis Welch kit ~20 years ago on my Longbridge BN4. No servo required. It's bolt on. I still don't have the dust shield. If it still uses the Girling 16PE calipers, the hose fittings are metric and the rebuild kits are the same as the late TR6.

John,
Your system is non-standard 4-whl disc, but IIRC your Datsun MC is pretty close to the original 3/4".

One of my Healey friends installed the kit and felt the pedal pressure was too high with the 3/4" BN6 master cyl.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yes, my Datsun MC is a tandem unit from a B210, 3/4" dia. A Datsun 1200 tandem MC is 11/16", but the travel seemed too long for my taste. In my car, because the front and rear are separate, a servo is out. Pedal pressure is high, but I'm a cyclist and don't mind it.

OP
L

Leew

Thank you all
The 9 leaf springs are on, along with the front disc conversion, high torque starter and electronic dizzy.....can't wait to get her back
On to new tyres as well as replacing the front seat
Tyres will be from Blockley, however I'd take advice on front seats Healey.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WHT Denis Welch CENG635SO Flywheel Austin Healey 0
AUSMHLY Denis Welch Pre-Load Transmission Washers Austin Healey 0
Jake For Sale Denis Welch aluminum works shroud scuttle vent scoop - $175 Austin Healey Classifieds 0
Fortius For Sale AH 3000 MK III Phase II 1967 - Denis Welch Engine & Parts Austin Healey Classifieds 0
steveg Denis Welch mild cam Austin Healey 9
H Denis Welch cooling fan arrived today Austin Healey 2
V Denis Welch Austin Healey 5
J Denis Welch Aluminum Sump and H/C Oil Pump clearance Austin Healey 18
J Denis Welch STEEL ROCKER PEDESTALS AND SPACERS Austin Healey 1
Roger Denis Welch RIP Austin Healey 12
Patrick67BJ8 Denis Welch Air Filter for BJ8 Austin Healey 22
M Denis Welch Vernier Cam Sprocket Austin Healey 8
stretchit2 Denis Welch Steering Box Austin Healey 4
Randy Forbes Denis Welch 100/S brochure... Austin Healey 0
A Denis Welch Aluminum Head on a 100M Austin Healey 9
6 Denis Welch Brake Drums? Austin Healey 5
E Denis Welch Dual Circuit Brakes [BN2]????? Austin Healey 9
R Denis Welch Header Austin Healey 2
B Welch air filters Austin Healey 5
R Dennis Welch Rear Crank seal conversion - Gap in back plate Austin Healey 19
H Dennis Welch Cooling Fan Austin Healey 9
Frankenhealey Welch Endurance Car for sale Austin Healey 2
zschicago Installed Dennis Welch brake kit Austin Healey 5
HealeyPassion Impressive video Jeremy Welch racing in rain Austin Healey 7
6 Question re: Welch Brass Radiator Austin Healey 5
Fortius Dennis Welch Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit Austin Healey 2
DerekJ Dennis Welch Headers - their view Austin Healey 7
56HealeyDan 100-4 Front Crankshaft Seal Austin Healey 2
AngliaGT 1997 Miata - Anyone Have a Picture on How to Mount the Front License Plate Bracket? Other Cars 12
mctriumph For Sale front apron 57 Tr3 Triumph Classifieds 0
71TR6 TR2/3/3A TR3A Front Bumper Mount Triumph 11
1 TR2/3/3A Rimmer Brothers Replacement Front Wing Quality? Triumph 8
Carlbanan56 MGB Front hub MG 4
F For Sale E Type Series II front and rear bumpers good condition Jaguar Classifieds 0
J MGB Front Wheel Bearings. Re-grease or replace? MG 19
scottkilpatrick TR4/4A Front Brakes - Basics for Pads Triumph 11
C MGB-GT MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
C MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
J For Sale Bilstein Front Shocks for Jaguar E-Type 727-498-6493 Jaguar Classifieds 0
J TR2/3/3A Mystery knocking sounds at front wheel Triumph 11
E Wanted 1963 Healey 300 mark 2 front grille wanted Austin Healey Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A Front brake hub removal to access Vertical Link bolts(screws) Attached pictures. Triumph 1
K TR2/3/3A How to remove the front brake hub from the brake disc? Triumph 11
AUSMHLY Front Wheel Spin Drag Austin Healey 6
T TR2/3/3A Looking for a TR3A front bumper Triumph 6
mctriumph TR2/3/3A Front Suspension upgrades for the 59 Triumph 10
vpanza Wanted TR3 FRONT backplates needed Triumph Classifieds 2
K TR2/3/3A Rear tire pressure when there is an anti roll bar at the front of the car? Triumph 1
CARSINC For Sale Sprite Front Wire Wheel Hubs Spridgets Classified 0
bighealeysource Front Brake Adjusters Austin Healey 0