Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Someone mentioned this works with a little modification, hadn't heard that before, can't find it now, if that someone, or someone who knows sees this can they repeat the information, I am intrigued, especially the weight savings aspect.
I got mine from World Wide Autoparts (https://nosimport.com/). They didn't need any modification. I got them several years ago, but might be worth checking to see if they still carry them.
Depends on which TR you have. The Datsun drums only come in 9", so if you have a 2/3/3A with 10" brakes, you'll need to convert. Also for a solid axle TR, the stud holes have to be opened up to clear the shoulder on the studs.
And for the 9" brakes on my TR3A, a good deal of the lip on the inside edge had to be machined away.
Another option would be the purpose-made alloy drums from Revington TR.
I have a set of NOS drums I purchased on eBay for my '62 TR4. I purchased mine from a Datsun collector
As I have the backing plate off the rear brakes (doing a full resto), I "trial fit" the backing plate to the drum and see that either the backing plate or the drum outer lip(or both) will need to be slightly machined so the two "rest within" each other as with the stock (TR) drum and backing plate.
I have not yet trial fit the hub (I have wire wheels) against the drum face to see if any machining of the holes (for the studs) is needed - but I assume they will.
Can anyone (hoping you, Darrell_Walker) can provide photos of the back or inner of your set up as a guide for how things should look when done? Your photos are great by the way!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.