• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Datsun 5 speed

Rut

Obi Wan
Offline
Looking for a new 5 speed tranny...not much left of mine.
Rut
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 285
Uh oh... something tells me there more to this story...
 
Lost it all...1275 with 5 speed, tons of refurbished Bugeye parts, MGB parts, 2 TR4as and all the new parts I've been buying for a few years. A heck of a collection of tools, some were my dads, some I've had for 50+ years, but Jo and I are alive and blessed to have each other. Hope to have the power on tomorrow...guess we'll eat out tonight.��
Rut
 
Couple of more pictures.
Rut
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 267
That's aweful, Rut! Glad y'all are okay.
 
Glad you are OK indeed.
 
So sorry. Did a house go up in this too?
 
We were very lucky that I was home, just outside the shop and I called 911 as I emptied the fire extinguisher. If the fire dept had been there 5 minutes later my neighbors house would be burned to the ground! Our house survived with burned shingles, blistered paint and burst windows and we are a-ok...looking for power in the am. As to what happened we don't know...the power in the neighborhood went off and when it came back on I heard a pop or bang, ran to see what happened and the fire was going pretty good. I'll let the adjuster know what I heard and saw and go from there.
Rut
 
Folks that got hammered in the Fort McMurray fires last Spring made similar comments: they had their lives and that was most important, but they'd lost their memories. At least you've got your lives and a good chunk of your memories. Dang! Doug
 
Tragic. Good that it didn't spread and no one was injured.
 
"Well Malcolm, I don't think that one will buff out"
said at a tractor/pickup accident in front of out house this year.

Sooooo Sad

leecreek
 
Very, very sorry,Rut. Just hope you have a decent insurance company and adjuster.

Kurt.
 
Back
Top