• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Datsun 210 trans value?

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
I just purchased a 71 midget basket case. I need to know how much a 210 trans for a conversion is going for. I have a whack of extras if anyone is in need of parts. There are 3 windshields. I probably only need one! 4 engines. I think 2 are 948s. There is a set of bugeye and the next style 2 pc type of top frame. Also a set of titan? roller rockers. It will take 2 more trips to get the car and all the parts. Bob

RickB

Yoda
Wow Bob, that's great!!
Please post pics as you go.

Send a PM to BillM about a 5 speed trans conversion, he will no doubt be able to help you a lot.

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The 210 5-speed trans goes anywhere from $200-$500+......it depends on condition, mileage and who is selling it. I have managed to pick up a few for under $200, but that doesn't happen very often. Most people by now know what they are worth....even non-Spridget people.

RickB

Yoda
Lots of things are going for less than they used to...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
RickB said:
Lots of things are going for less than they used to...

I suspect it is seasonal - driving season no one wants a tranny swap

G

Na, I don't think so. Folks are catching on they aren't worth that much and it's allot like hunting buffalo. Once all takes have one, that's it. There are only "x" amount of spridget owners that are going to do the swap... and only do it once. That number seems to be dwindling.

OP
B

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the information. I will post pics soon. The car was painted several years ago in the blue that was used on Honda S2000s. It came with original wheels and a set of kn 8 spokes. I have put together alot of MGBs and the midget is going to be a nice change. Its a bare painted tub with nothing left on it. I had a 73 Midget 20 years ago and used it as a winter beater when I lived in snow country. I may have a few questions this summer. I will need to contact Rivergate since about everything but the aluminium backing plate is missing from the car. I have the trans from the last owner but have to pay for it seperate from the deal on the car. I want to be fair to both of us. The first step for me will be to get it rolling. Bob

Bob, when you get ready to put a 1275 together, call me, I can tell you all the parts to use to make good engine that won't wreck the bank.

The Titan roller roacker arms, ar probably the Mini Spares units, meaning 1.5 ratio with bushes at the sahft, they are the same one we use on the race cars. They sell new for just under $500, and are a much nicer set up than the Harland Sharp set up.

G

Bob, give him $250 for the trans. That would be the same the last two sold on ebay minus fees. Maybe $200 since it's a "package deal". Check with Billm here about the plate, he might have one handy. Hap might have one too.

RickB

Yoda
BillM here can most likely supply everything you would be looking for at Rivergate and if I'm not mistaken at a whole lot less than what they ask.
Plus he's a dang nice guy. He recently purchased the inventory from Paul A. (Morrisservice) so I know first hand he has lots of stuff - I helped him haul some of it.

What I know from personal experience, really check the trans out before you pay the guy. If it needs a rebuild that can be expensive. I'd say $100 for a box that needs to be rebuilt and in this economy and with prices what they are up to $450 for a real good (as in freshly rebuilt) 5 speed box. Just my opinion, everybody has one after all.

I'm familiar with the work you've done on the MGB's - I really liked the GT you restored (was that last year?). Looking forward to the pics of this Spridget.

Country flag
BillM is his user name so you can send him a message. He is in Renton? Washington.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
--Enough already!!--
I'll talk!
I just sent Bob a PM but I hadn't yet since I still haven't verified condition of any of the transmissions that I bought from Paul and I can't sell any until I know that they are "good".
I am trying to organize the inventory into my garage that USED to hold a Midget and a Sprite but now can't and need to find out just what I have before I try to sell any of it.
If anyone is interested in a Datsun 210 transmission adapter kit they range in price from $100.00 for the very basic kit to around $900.00 for the deluxe kit (none include transmission, just the adapter).
BillM

RickB

Yoda
Bill's busier than that one legged guy gettin' his butt kicked!

:laugh: