• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Data Logging

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have finally gotten around to Data logging my Wedge. All I have been doing so far is just running,a little driving up and down my street,about 2 1/2 miles,and idling in the garage.

So far the consensus, (Me) is that it is running lean.
You remember those nifty exhaust couplers I bought. Well it turns out the exhaust on the Wedge is 1 7/8 and those are 2" so I have a slight to more than slight air leak there. Don't know if that is adding to the leanness as that is quite a ways from the O2 sensor.
I have to figure why the cold idle has always hunted up and down from about 600-900.
I can't remember my cold idle info if it is rich or lean. Suppose to be a little rich on cold idle

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tom, They are downstream that's why I was wondering above if that good still play a part.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
If they are down stream I don't think they'd mess up the engine metering, would they?

I know that hunting on factory TR8 can be caused by the computer soldering getting old but I don't think you are running the factory computer.