Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
If the restoration doesn't work. Ashley Hinton on ebay - ashleyhintonmgparts2002 - Sells replacement knobs for a very reasonable price. If they don't have the knob you want listed, just ask them, they probably have them.
I've restored several knobs. I paint the areas white that should be with a small jar of auto touch up paint. I make certain that I get the white areas covered well. Then I take 600-100-1500 grit sandpaper in sequence to gently sand the white off everywhere it doesn't belong. Once finished to my satisfaction, I clear coat it. Here's are examples.
Heh, I was talking with restoration shop about the lettering issue... He said to use a product called "Dalo" industrial paint marker to fill in the resesses of the letter..Sounds awsome!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.