• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cymbalism

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's been a while but we watched a similar program on TV about the making of cymbals, might have been the same show, quite interesting to me watching a true artist at work and they make it look so easy! (y)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Boy this brings back memories, I remember twenty some years ago while I was working at the music shop we were given a very similar video from Zildjian showing how their cymbals are made and why they are the best. We sat around the shop and watched it on a portable tv/vcr.

Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It always amazes me that, no matter the topic of a video like this, we always have a member or two or three who have some personal experience they can relate. On of my friends I work with in NAMI is a Drummer (his wife plays upright Bass) and he only uses Zildjian cymbals.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I was a band instrument repairman for my first real job in high school. The music store would get promotional videos from companies from time to time, a lot of it was just boring commercial stuff but sometimes we'd get something cool to watch. I remember another good VHS that was sent to us from Gibson about how their acoustic guitars were made and another from Yamaha showing their production for brasswinds and woodwinds.

Country flag
Guess I was thinking of something different for cymbalismโ€ฆ..

animal eats cymbal.jpg