• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

CV Axles/hubs from Goodparts

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just got this in my email today. Richard Good is at it again. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif NFI

https://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?news=yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] Check out the latest addition to the Good Parts line. New TR6 axle/hub assembies with CV joints will be ready to ship in 3 - 4 weeks. Place your orders now. I was amazed by the increase in power to the road when I installed these axles in my car. It felt like I had added 5 - 10 hp to the engine. I never realized the stock axles were robbing that much power! [/QUOTE]

71tr

Jedi Warrior
I don't disagree Shannon but they sure look great and they're made by RG.

71tr

Jedi Warrior

71tr

Jedi Warrior

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
There are three of us on this site that have bought the axle/cv joint set up from Ocala Axles (Kevin), he is tooled up to make theese and will take orders. His charge for me was $1500 including shipping for both axles.--Im sure Richards is a quality set up also.

G

I wonder which CV joints he uses. Setup cetainly looks pretty, and of course the rest of his stuff (and I have a lot of it!) is all top notch.

I like the way he's all set for the 3 types of diff. Of course if this had been ready 12 months ago I'd have had a much easier job finding something...

crj7driver

Jedi Trainee
I bought a custom set of axles from Kevin at CV Ocala. Kevin is making these for Goodparts. In getting my cv axles made I talked at length many times with Kevin.

The availabilty of the axles is a result of Alana and the other members of this forum in dealing with Kevin. He always commented that he could get them to us cheaper if we would have a standard set up. Alana did the first set, milemarker60's were different for rear disks and I had them made for a supra rearend.

So If you want a set and they are standard i.e. drum brakes and either stock TR differential or the Nissan R200 unit you could get them for less than 1500 directly from Kevin.

G

Looking at the pics it looks like he's refined the design a little from the set I have. If anyone is considering getting these things, I'd have to say to call Kevin direct. He's a really nice guy to do business with.

Given what an a-hole I am to deal with in real life, that's saying something coming from me...

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
I was wrong about three, It looks like that is four members from this site including me that went with Ocala set up. If it is true that Ocala is making the Goodparts axle then he has made a change to the inner axle flange that bolts on to the diff. flange (a easier bolt up than the oringinal). It looks like the cv joints used are smaller than the first four that were made----in any case it is quality stuff.

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
How about a power steering kit and a complete (Mustang II type) front suspension/axles like is available for the MGB.

G

I saw a place that offeres a column mount electric power steering kit. Looks like it could be adapted to fit fairly easily. The downside - 3.5k cost.

I'd vote for an abs setup personally.

OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yeah, abs might not be as hard as most people think. The wheel sensors would be the most difficult part.

There are a few in the Mustang crowd that have down the conversion on the old Fox bodies.

G

It looked like you could pretty much lift the early mechanical one from the early (83+up) UK Sierra (Merkur?) and get it to fit with minimal work.

<edit> Of course FINDING the system here would be the challenge!

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
I just talked to Kevin at Ocala, he was suprised to hear that Richard has already offered the axles on the Goodparts web site. Kevin said that he hasnt started production on any. One thing is for sure---they will be available through Ocala or Goodparts. Kevin said he has recieved alot of interest from Europe about the axles. I think they will become a common conversion with-in the next 2 years.

71tr

Jedi Warrior
Goodparts website mentions a 3-4 week availability timeframe, perhaps time for Kevin to gear-up production as orders come in. This is great news, another quality upgrade for our cars available here in the states.

I'm curious how Kevin and Richard hooked-up? Could it have come from discussions on BCF?

Finally, forget about BMW or any other manufacturer resurrecting the Triumph marque. It seems that enough is happening with our fellow enthusiasts that a new and improved vehicle is taking shape.