TR4nut
Yoda
Online
Re: Crypt Car News Update
Dale-
Excellent work, I'm sure no one is laughing at the way you got after that broken fork pin.
Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but opinions so far are that you need flywheel refacing. I looked at your picture, and it looked to be what I've typically seen. In the past, all I've ever checked on the flywheel was signs for excess heat discoloration, ridging, cracks, etc., after which I left it as is and just bolted in a new clutch plate with no further trouble. Is it just good practice to reface with the tranny out, or a must?
Randy
Dale-
Excellent work, I'm sure no one is laughing at the way you got after that broken fork pin.
Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but opinions so far are that you need flywheel refacing. I looked at your picture, and it looked to be what I've typically seen. In the past, all I've ever checked on the flywheel was signs for excess heat discoloration, ridging, cracks, etc., after which I left it as is and just bolted in a new clutch plate with no further trouble. Is it just good practice to reface with the tranny out, or a must?
Randy
Hey Guest!