• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Crazy Brits! <<Shesh>>

Bret

Yoda
A friend on another forum posted this, thought my fellow LBC buddies would get a kick out of this.

All I can say is Ouch!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
----------------------------------------------------------
Man injured by lit firecracker put in buttocks during Bonfire Night in England
Thu Nov 9, 6:43 PM

LONDON (AP) - A 22-year-old man suffered internal injuries after lighting a small firecracker he had inserted into his buttocks, paramedics said Thursday.

The incident took place Sunday, when Britain celebrated Bonfire Night, traditionally marked with fireworks to celebrate the Guy Fawkes' gunpowder plot to blow up Parliament in the 17th century.

The man suffered burns and other unspecified internal injuries in the incident in Sunderland, about 450 kilometres north of London.

Katherine Shenton, a spokeswoman for the North East Ambulance Service, said a caller had phoned in that the victim was bleeding after the firecracker exploded.

Several of the man's friends recorded the incident on a mobile phone. The blurry images show a man bent over with his pants down and a white flash as the firecracker explodes.

The Times newspaper reported the man is a soldier who recently returned from Iraq.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
It sounds like a Rugby Club Initiation sort of thing, not totally uncommon at rugby clubs and university pubs.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What do yo think Baz, Did he pass or fail the initiation?--Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
brings new meaning to the term "explosive diarrhea" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

G

There was a much better Darwin story recently - at least imo - about the drunk guy who got into a fight (with his best friend) in the pub. He went home, picked up his sawn-off shotgun - which of course everyone in the uk has lying around the house - and stuffed it into his pants to head back to the pub to continue the discussion.

Now as he reached the pub, the drunken buffoon must have caught the trigger (and have been carrying it cocked) because he emasculated himself, thus killing two birds with one stone - both settling the argument in favour of his friend and removing himself from the gene pool.

Only in England /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit> Here's the reference. Apologies for the quote before - it wasn't that recent, 2004. You have to love the fact that he got 5 years in jail after all that...

https://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1260783,00.html

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The five years was more than likely possession of a prohibited weapon. The shotgun in and of itself is not prohibited, although you need a licence for it, but as soon as the barrels are shortened, it's a no-no. You can bet the he didn't have that lying around for hunting, either.

G

No the muppet claimed he bought it for "protection". I still think its a hysterical story though...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
My favourite British event is the infamous "cheese roll", that one where roll a huge wheel of cheese down the steep hill and people chase it down a hill... I'm told that broken bones and injuries are quite routine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

piman

Darth Vader
Hello all,

there is a saying over here that 'people in greenhouses (glasshouses?)shouldn't throw stones'.

Alec

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

there is a saying over here that 'people in greenhouses (glasshouses?)shouldn't throw stones'.

Alec

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the story that started this thread is mild compared to some of the other Darwin Awards and Urban Myths that originate in this country. We have plenty of crazy over here.

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
Alec,

I'm sure you could think of something more original when taking a jab at us, without having to resort to something Political. 99% of BCF have their political beliefs and I can assure you we don’t all see eye to eye on most issues, but we get along because we don't bring them in here.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Alec:

The initial post was made in jest.
I'm ending this post and plan on keeping my future posts to subjects related to British cars.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep, but for real world events such as famous folks dieing and major world events this fourm is preaty much politics free. Good idea, not much fun there compaired to little cars.

However I do like the Animal Cam, that's cool.

Rick_Stevens

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...the drunken buffoon ... emasculated himself, thus killing two birds with one stone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... Killed two stones with one bird? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

R.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No clue.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

Same saying here but whoa pardner. What is point of posting that kind of a comment. Saying things that in a pub lands one on the street in a brawl. This isn't that kind of a pub or clientele.

[ QUOTE ]
No clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody better lock this thread before someone says something *really* dumb

Mark