• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Covid Shots

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Capt I am in the VA system but I do not use them. I also have club members that work there and I have visited vet friends in Reno VA also. I have great retired Union health coverage and many vet need the VA I do not. I think it works well for vets that need it they can have my slot. Our son a retired Officer has the Tri-Care and is covered also. We have or shot and life is working so far. Madflyer

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Wife got her first shot last week (Moderna) and I got mine yesterday (Pfizer). My next one is 2/16. Stamford Hospital.Very well run. Arm a bit sore but no ill effects. I had to sit down for 15 minutes afterwards to make sure I had no adverse reaction.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Got notified yesterday the wife goes Monday for her booster shot and I go Wednesday, that made our day, kinda worried there might be a delivery problem, so far it seems like things are improving! :encouragement:

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I get my first shot this afternoon from a hospital. SWMBO is coming along because that do allow some walk-ins, otherwise she is scheduled for next Wed. After I get mine I'll cancel my VA appointment on the 16th. The only downside is we had to cut short our FL vacation to come back to the cold.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm still on the hunt for mine... check everyday but no-one here has the vaccine.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Elliot, how close are u to the Geisinger Hospitals? I believe they are giving the vaccines.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I don't think there's any Geisinger Hospoitals close to here (Lancaster) but will have a look. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Got my first one today. SWMBO has minor surgery Monday so we put hers off in case it makes her sick. Hospital scheduled about 3000 shots for the day, 63 every 15 minutes from 7AM to 7PM. My appt was at 8:15 and I got there at 8:00. One hour into the project and they were already a full hour behind. We were in a line of cars until 9:15. I finally got it at 9:30. Pi$$ Poor Planning me thinks but I am happy it is done.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
SWMBO was able to get her shot too. We were both in and out I about 40 minutes. Second shot is already scheduled. I guess sometimes it helps to be really old B-)

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Our county health department has several locations where they are giving shots. It's actually working pretty well if you have a computer and can go online to sign up. The send an email to tell you it's your turn and you sign up on line for an appointment. My wife got hers last week and I got mine yesterday, then scheduled both of our second shots at the same time next month. If you can't go online, the system can still be used by phone, but wait times are long.