Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Trying to get going on the front suspension reassembly later today and it occurred to me that I don't have any grease on hand. Is there a type that is correct that a local auto parts store will carry?
This is what I used on my poly bushings. It is unlike any other "grease" that I have ever used, it is almost sticky. I don't see this stuff ever coming off. Most grease you can wipe off metal with a rag, not this stuff or at least not very easy.
Most lithium "white grease" has a petrol based carrier and WILL lose its lubricity characteristics over time. It dries out and hardens. Stick with the synthetics/silicone based lubricants for the poly bushings.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.