• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Conversation with Dave Russell

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Following learning of Dave Russell's present situation I called him today and left a message on the answering machine for him and Marlene expressing my concern. Dave called me back a little while ago and we spoke for a good while. Dave was both communicative and responsive, not glum and if anything a bit philosophical about his situation.

I don't know anything about aphasia (difficulty in processing info and communicating, etc) which seems to be a secondary symptom for Dave. My wife, who is a Social Worker and worked with elderly people for many years, tells me that it is often easier for people with aphasia to process speech and organize verbal responses than it is to read and write, but that in any case the more processing activity goes on the more likely it is for the symptom to dissipate, etc.

Dave told me that he is having Marlene read emails, etc. to him while he is unable to do it himself and that he might not always be able to speak on the phone. Dave's email address is: rusd@sitestar.net and I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from many of us who have been recipients of his knowledge for so many years.

He is on my daily phone call list--if he can't take my call I will simply call him back.

Shane

Jedi Warrior
Thanks for the update, Michael. I just stumbled across the sticky today (1st thread on this forum) and left my thoughts on that thread. It would be nice (although extremely difficult) if someone could read that thread to him. I had to close my office door today just to read it myself.

Country flag
Michael, thanks for the info -I was imagining the worst, it's good to hear you had a conversation with him.