• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Confirmation That the Collector Car Market is NUTS!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
That is one sharp Z car. Interesting, one of many cars I have taken another look at and decided I might want, only to find prices have gone crazy. Remember many personal conversations and articles read not that many years ago "would Japanese cars ever be considered collector cars or true classics?". Regardless of what the peanut gallery says here, I think we have our answer.

P.S. I don't know if the price is any crazier than a lot of other stuff out there, still waiting for the bubble to burst so I can snatch up some fun cars before I am too old to enjoy them.

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
The Toyota 2000GT (1967?) has been in the stratosphere for a long time now... but they are rare. Easily over a MILLION!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My sister bought a new one back then and got rid of it a year later because it was too cramped! I wonder if she has seen the recent reports. :rolleyes2:

I'm not going to mention it. :nopity:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have never had a desire to own a 240 or any of its offspring, it just isn't a car that moves me. I knew a guy once that had a nice example he had restored and drove everywhere.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A pal with a '70 Zed-car kept bugging me to restore it a few years back. No chance; "I don't speak Japanese." They were rust prone to a fault. Finding a good example is a rare occurrence now.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Though they were good cars, the sheet metal was very thin. I always thought they were a ladies car - somewhat delicate.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My olderst son had a 280Z for a few years. It was a nice little car actually. Engine was bullet-proof.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I actually wanted a 240Z for several years; my teacher salary said no, so I went with a 200SX. Nice car for sure - but not a 240Z!

Tom M.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I remember wanting one when they first came out, I was all of 9 or so. Loved the shape, they were everywhere, new and shiny, then they were modified, rusty and cheap, now they are collector cars, the circle of life for old sports cars.

By the time I could afford them the couple I drove on used car lots were crapped out and had terrible steering. As time went on the idea of a nice one had more and more appeal. Unfortunately there must be a lot of others out there who feel the same way.