• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Computer Crashed

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Nothing at all against LINUX and I would love to take it for a test drive but the Apple os just works and Iโ€™ve never had a reason to look at another operating system. Transferring the data from my broken Mac was easy and seamless. Since I am familiar with the Apple system I was back running in no time.
Now, if installing Linux could have repaired my broken screen Iโ€™d be all in!
I'm on a Linux machine now. Linux has become more user-friendly in the past few years which is good for Windows users. Linux is less likely to be inundated with spam and unwanted ads. PJ

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm on a Linux machine now. Linux has become more user-friendly in the past few years which is good for Windows users. Linux is less likely to be inundated with spam and unwanted ads. PJ
I have no doubt that it is good. The majority of the email spam that I get automatically goes into a separate folder. One keystroke and itโ€™s all gone.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
The Macs crashed just as often at the DOS machines, but they were nicer about it.

BSOD.png

How nice!

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The Macs of that era did a passable job of faking multitasking, but the Mac OS prior to OS X was not in any way intended to operate that way and any tiny flaw in any running application could bring the whole house of cards down. Apple has always put appearance over robustness - even in the newest Apple offerings, take a look at the error log; there are thousand of errors continually generated even while the machine is sitting idle with only the Apple provided software installed.

The newer Windows offering have the own share of problems as well, and both have gotten better about handling errors than in the past.