• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Compare Petrol and Diesel Prices in the UK

Turboworks

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi, I'm searching for the cheapest fuel. I found diesel for £1.55 in East Sussex (A259 Bexhill Service Station). What's cheapest prices in your area?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
As you're looking only for UK prices, it'll be interesting to watch this thread and see what a diesel "fill-up" costs east of the Atlantic.

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Apples-to-oranges, but the per-gallon cost for diesel here (Tampa, Florida) has fallen below $5.00 in recent weeks.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
For what it's worth, here in Connecticut USA, diesel fuel is ca. $1.33/litre.

Local, state, and federal taxes are a large part of that figure.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One of my grandsons has a tractor and trailer, fairly new. and it carries about 200+ gallons of fuel. Believe it or not, he makes his fuel bills plus quite a bit extra. No, he isn't married and has no kids, (that we know about)! :unsure:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I filled up with a cheap Gulf diesel yesterday in Cheshire £1.69.9 a litre
And this is significantly down from the high of just over £2.00 per litre.

petrol was £1.55 per liter.
At our $5.00/gal it seems we still have a bit better cost-per-liter: £1.07

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And to think you guys had it leaking out of the ground all over the place.
I’ve seen the tar pits and the Beverley Hill Billys

Diesel is just about the bottom of the refinery "barrel". You lads are used to calling it paraffin, the US call it kerosene. Lamp oil in the beginning. It should be $0.99 a pint! J.D. Rockefeller based his fortune on the stuff, replacing whale oil.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I got you all beat... Printer ink is about $35 for a few ml.
Not sure how to quantify laser cartridges but they come close to needing a second mortgage! :LOL::mad:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Maybe drug smugglers will switch from drugs to ink.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Diesel here is $4.11/gallon yesterday.