Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I painted a set of calipers for a GMC Jimmy 6 years ago. They were newly remanufactured. I cleaned them wih mineral spirits and wiped them down with acetone. Used VHT Caliper paint. I let them hang for about 10 or 15 minutes then put them in the over for about 15 minutes. My oven's lowest temperature is 170 degrees. Baking seemd to allow the paint to flow and form a veru smooth shiny surface. i recently gave the truck to a nephew (after removing the dic brake, LSD rear) The paint was still just as nice as the day I painted them.
I plan to do the same on a Honda Civic this spring when I upgrade to 4 wheel discs.
Since I was rebuilding mine anyway, I split mine but left the pucks and rubber on. I taped off the little area where the O ring sits...
Threw them in the blaster and glass beaded them. Blew them out and wiped them down. Hit them with eastwood caliper paint. Reassembled with New seals/pucks/boots etc.
I usually leave the caliper assembled, plug the hose port, degrease, sandblast, then disassemble, rebuild, degrease again, and paint. I use caliper paint (grey) from Eastwood.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.