Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I saw the car up at Carlisle. I think it would have been nice of them to run the car on the chassis dyno there and post the sheet so we could see a real-world result. I hope they post more tech info in the next issue, as I'm about to commence my 1360 build and have not yet firmed up things like cam choice. Full carb specs would be nice too, along with measured AFRs for the dyno pulls and ignition advance numbers.
My 100HP 1380 was built by APT and was the one just before the Classic Motorsports motor. While I have not put it on the road yet, it idled just fine on the dyno and made lots of torque below 3k rpm. IMHO and in others who know better than I, a large capacity A-series is a very good street motor and at that power level is fairly understressed, after all it was run on 87 octane. Now if you were making that power out of a 948, I would have to agree.
I will have to dig up my dyno sheets and see if my scanner still works.
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, David used the VP276 cam, thats a cam I use alot, it's in both Ray and Drew's motor. That cam might take a little more idel say 1100-1200 but iot will idle fine at redlights and stop signs. You can get get 90-95 for a .040" over engine, theonly difference in thios motor is the bore size, the 100ish od CCs will net say 5-10 HP. 1380 are fine as long as the owner knows what they are getting into, there could be block issues, rare, but you still have to realize the possiblity and they, 1380s, tend to run a tick warmer than smaller bores, nad you have to run a sopeciual head gasket, which isn't available in the better composite material. Compression ratio is anmother considerration, knowing david as well i do, you can bet this motor is probably around 10 to 1, that that where I build most of mine too, the CR is the #1 HP maker in these engine, kroe than anything else.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.