• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Classic Motorsports MAG; X-Ray Specs!

Bret

Yoda
Sorry gang, this is a shameless self promotion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Please forgive me?

Well, the x-ray images of my 78B made it back onto the printed page yet again. This time a rather well known national publication called “Classic Motorsports” sister magazine of Grassroots Motorsports. Some of you might remember this publication as the revamped magazine formally known as “British Car”. Anyway the funny thing is that, I’d all but forgotten about this, as they contacted me in November of last year about the possibility of running my images. So imagine my surprise yesterday flipping through the magazine and finding them again. If’n ya get a chance – you might want to check it out – its on Page #138 (last page) under “Absolutely Classic” (don’t get it?) titled X-Ray Specs.

As some of you may know - besides gracing the members rides section, the x-ray images have made it into more than a few publications. From a couple of local Club newsletters from San Diego CA (SDMGC) to the MGazette in the Keystone state (PA). She was even submitted by Kim De Bourbon to the MGB Driver; NAMGBR’s publication awhile back (Thanks again Kim!). On a lesser note my MGB made it into Grassroots Motorsports as one of their Hotrods of the Month (MG = Hotrod? I don’t get that connection either?) in an issue about two years ago. As well as a short little blurb in the owner’s rides section of Moss Motors’ British Motoring (Poway Ground Pounder).

Not a bad resume for an old 1978 Rubber Bumper B. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If you don’t subscribe to any of the publications I mentioned & want to see some of the x-ray images of my 78B go to the readers rides section of the BFC or check out my webpage (linked below).

Baxter

Jedi Trainee
Bret, I gave you a shout-out on the other board... I got to that page and was pleasantly surprised to see them in there.

Tom Rynne from the MGBE (and maybe this board, I'm not sure) is also in that issue... that's his scrumtious blue Midget in the "Windup" sports cars article.

And I snuck in there myself.

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Hey I saw that!!! I would have posted to congratulate you before this, but.........oh well, it's back online now. Nice article. Can I have your autograph?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I don’t give autographs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif However, I might persuade my B run over you’re copy of magazine for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

BTW what did you think of the 50 BEST Sports Cars of All time article? Over all - MGs made a great showing don't ya think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hope my issue of Classic Motorsports arrives soon, so I can see! By the way, the story and photos were also picked up by the Philadelphia Area MG Club in their last newsletter, which apparently just lifted the pages from the MG Gazette, from our club. (I was a bit surprised to see that myself . . . Usually some gets in touch for permission ...) But, glad to spread the word, it was a real fun story!

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Hope my issue of Classic Motorsports arrives soon, so I can see! By the way, the story and photos were also picked up by the Philadelphia Area MG Club in their last newsletter, which apparently just lifted the pages from the MG Gazette, from our club. (I was a bit surprised to see that myself . . . Usually some gets in touch for permission ...) But, glad to spread the word, it was a real fun story!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kim,

Yeah, plagiarism is a big no no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif and can be such a touchy subject where money is concerned and it only shows “proper etiquette” when someone gets permission first before running someone else’s story.

But as you said, this was a fun story, that I felt had a different twist to our hobby, that I origenally only meant to share just among fellow MG & British car enthusiasts. Mater-a-fact as far as I am concerned I don’t have any problems with anyone using the x-ray images for local club news letters and was truly honored to see them in the MGB Driver. However because of the attention I was getting concerning those images and the fact that CM magazine was a national publication geared towards a broader cross section of auto enthusiasts & subscribers (i.e. not just catering to MG & British car folks like us), I felt compelled to talk to my employer’s legal department to get formal permission. But luckily they where understanding & actually got a kick out of it. All they asked was that the scan images had their copyright referenced in the image.

When your CM issue finally arrives you’ll find that they didn’t copy your story or solely use my words “verbatim”. They put their own cute little spin on the story with “some” of my own words that are similar to those you used.

Cheers!
Bret

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well, I'm glad you got so much mileage out of it, anyway! (And if you've got any other great ideas for stories, send them along!)