Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hi guys - and I know I need to be careful here since the trans cover is off - but how do I check if the OD works w/out the solenoid installed? Can I just manually pull up the actuating lever ?
I think you will have to hold it up, not just pull it up.
There is a way to keep it held up but I won't mention it as it sounds like a forumla for disaster if you forget to undo it before shifting into 1st or reverse.
And yes, be careful. For testing I made a cardboard tunnel to keep any grease from flailing my way and keep my fingers out of the U-Joint:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.