• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Celebrating six oh

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Back on this date in 1962 I was driving through the British countryside when my Sprite gradually slowed down and coasted to a stop. It took a few moments before I figured out that I had run out of petrol. While standing next to car and puzzled as to how to deal with my situation a man driving past me stopped to see what was happening to me. He very kindly drove me ten miles to the nearest town and drove me back with a container of fuel. It was a day I will never forget as I was driving my brand new Sprite that I had just picked up at Donald Healey's dealership and certainly was excited to be driving it. When I went back for my 500 mile checkup they apologetically filled my tank. When my three years of serving in England as a USAF Airman ended they made arrangements for me to drive to Liverpool and have Little Mo shipped to Philadelphia. At this time Little Mo is taking a winter break and waiting for the time that the Ohio roads are salt free.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
What an incredible run!

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats Nelson,

Bugsy IV is about to get a Brother. Another '60 BE I'm picking up mid February in Cincinnati. Nice time in Bugsy today, temps at 78 and Sunny, A trip to the Strawberry Farm for for several quarts of just picked this AM Strawberries. Will be 5 months before it's possible to do that in OH. I know you are looking forward to Spring sn getting Little Mo back on the road.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Congrats Nelson! A lovely car and a lovely relationship - trust you are well as well.

OP
Nelson

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Congrats Nelson,

Bugsy IV is about to get a Brother. Another '60 BE I'm picking up mid February in Cincinnati. Nice time in Bugsy today, temps at 78 and Sunny, A trip to the Strawberry Farm for for several quarts of just picked this AM Strawberries. Will be 5 months before it's possible to do that in OH. I know you are looking forward to Spring sn getting Little Mo back on the road.
Thanks, Jim. Is your new set of wheels going to b ready to drive or will it be another project for you? I can't stop finding ways to improve Little Mo. This past week I sent my headers off to get a ceramic coating. I enjoy messing around when it is not a necessary repair.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Well, Bugsy V will be a driver as well as Bugsy IV. The advantage of having two BE's is hopefully one is always available to drive. The plan is to add a lift to one of the bays of my 3 car garage so I am able to store 2 BE's stacked. Now since my garage has an 8 ' Ceiling and the clearance to the garage door is about 7' going to be interesting to see if this is doable. Supposedly the lift will work with an 8' Ceiling. Biggest challenge will be finding places for several engines, transmissions, along with all of the parts and pieces once you start taking a BE apart. I'll consider Bugsy V a work in progress, Already has new rockers, A Post, Rear Quarters, I could not determine condition of floors or whether they were replaced but Exterior looks fairly good as a starting point. I know will need to upgrade brakes and redo suspension. Figure out which of 3 engines to install, which rear end as there is a 3.7 and a 3.9 available, and 4 speed ribcase or a 210 5 speed. Paint, thinking BRG( the Jaguar BRG not the Sprite BRG) and a Tan Interior and Tan Top. Scheduled to drive to Cincinnati Mid February to pick up Bugsy V. F-150 as a tow vehicle and 3 drivers. Drive straight through, Jim to keep pulling out his Credit Card to refill a 36 gallon tank on a thirsty truck, and stay at my Sister's house in Cincinnati to save on Hotel Costs. Will turn back around and drive back home. Bugsy V is currently a roller to make it easy to transport.