• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 CD2's

SC TR6

Freshman Member
Country flag
Owning a 69 TR6 I figured it was time to get up close and personal with the carbs.
So I purchased 2 of the carbs and discovered that on 1 then cold start valve was a screw in, and the other seemed to have had ancold start valve, but it was a push pin type located above the throttle linkage. Can't find a good reference to help me understand the differences. Any help would be appreciated.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Can you post pictures..it would make it easier (at least for me) to understand what you are trying to describe ?

OP
S

SC TR6

Freshman Member
Country flag
Poolboy thanks for viewing. I'm out of town so no pics available, will update with next week. Please ck back then your help and expertise is always appreciated.
Have a great 4th

OP
S

SC TR6

Freshman Member
Country flag
Back from my travels, my travel time allowed me time to view every video about zs carbs and I discovered that the valve I was trying to describe is associated with those cars that have a charcoal canister and is part of the pollution control system, appears found in 74 and newer cars. Mystery solved.