• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Car transport

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I am planning to move from Arlington Heights, IL to Winterville, NC. I need to have my XJS transported. Any recommendations?

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
we used Passport to ship a car to Scottsdale for the auction. No problems, although the guy who unloaded had trouble starting the car. He did not know the C stood for choke.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Timberwolf Transport brought two cars to me from WI to TX. Gary was not only on time for both pickup and delivery, he called me daily (every 12 hours, IIRC) with progress reports. Super nice and very reliable.

Gary is a car guy with great mechanical sense. One of the two cars had a bad starter and I was not able to be there to help him at pickup, but he got it started and drove it onto his rig. Both cars were tricky but he handled them both as though he had been driving them his whole life. (It took me a month to get the one car started and three drives to feel comfortable with the other.) He carries towels and blankets to protect the cars while he works. Nice attention to detail!

I only hope he's still running -- I just searched the web for his company name and I see his rig is for sale! Hopefully that means he has upgraded.

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

ckeithjordan

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
I can recommend Turbo Transport out of Ohio. Wayne and Traci, owners, are very good, careful and reasonable. They're used by Macy's Garage, and I've used them about 5-6 times over the last few years. Traci is the scheduler, so call her at 937-215-5541. They typically use a large covered trailer with a large pick-up. See photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I am planning to move from Arlington Heights, IL to Winterville, NC. I need to have my XJS transported. Any recommendations?
Maynard,
Is that the V12 Coupe?
Are you just looking to not add mileage to the car?
If I didn't have to fly I would volunteer to drive it for you.
One of my XJS was transported in an open 18 wheeler from MA to CA.
No damage but I no longer have a record of how I got it done.
Steve

OP
M

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Maynard,
Is that the V12 Coupe?
Are you just looking to not add mileage to the car?
If I didn't have to fly I would volunteer to drive it for you.
One of my XJS was transported in an open 18 wheeler from MA to CA.
No damage but I no longer have a record of how I got it done.
Steve
Yes, it is the 6.0 coupe. I am 18 months into a 2 week project to fix the A/C. I don't want to drive it in June without A/C.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Yes, it is the 6.0 coupe. I am 18 months into a 2 week project to fix the A/C. I don't want to drive it in June without A/C.
Can't blame you for that.
Do you know what the problem is?

OP
M

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I replacex the condenser butI think I missed something on the wiring. Fans don't work

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I replacex the condenser butI think I missed something on the wiring. Fans don't work
I think I might have a fan assembly but it would be from the 4.0.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
They work when I apply 12v, but not through the controls.
Those piano ECUs have been troublesome.
Wish I was able to rescue mine from my donor car before someone helped themselves to the whole HVAC assembly.
If I can think of any other fix I'll send you a note.
Steve