• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Can't possibly be true!

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Have you all noticed that New Mexico auto tags read: New Mexico USA ! I've heard about college students being advised to go to the foreign students' office for assistance. T.T.

RHWins

and I suppose New England isn't part of England... its tags don't read, "USA"
thirsty.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by t-rocks69:
they should just leave the country of Texas. <hr></blockquote>

Now I know I'm not from this fine country but I didn't know Texas was that big!

So Troy, what do you think of San Antonio? I've been told it's "weird and not really like Texas", for the record, I really like it.

RG
england.gif

t-rocks69

charles sorry to tell you but dallas and fortworth are really not Texas cities i think the escaped from arkansas are some other silly backward places and ended up here in texas most texans stay away from there unless they have to go for bsness like i do but the rest of us Texans wish they would just leave our state and a true Texan like me believes they should just leave the country of Texas. as far as the funny email at the top come on it has to be mostly true these a people involed in politics not the brightest and best people--just to lazy and dumb to get a real job.
thats my 2 cents worth
peace troy

MattP

Jedi Knight
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by t-rocks69:
charles sorry to tell you but dallas and fortworth are really not Texas cities i think the escaped from arkansas are some other silly backward places and ended up here in texas most texans stay away from there unless they have to go for bsness like i do but the rest of us Texans wish they would just leave our state and a true Texan like me believes they should just leave the country of Texas. as far as the funny email at the top come on it has to be mostly true these a people involed in politics not the brightest and best people--just to lazy and dumb to get a real job.
thats my 2 cents worth
peace troy
<hr></blockquote>

And your entitled to it. But being born in Odessa, raised in Nacadoches then Lone Star and finishing up in Denison, a bona fide Son of the Republic, and transported away. I have to say that I like Big D and FW. I also like Houston and Galveston, headed that way at least once a year back in the days before my transplantation. But I admit, my favorite place is San Antonio.

The great thing about the Texas is the variety. Anywhere you are, you can probably find the opposite without leaving the state. Enjoy Houston, but speaking as a Texican expatriate, don't limit your enjoyment but cutting off any section of your state.

blush.gif
Thanks for the correction. Sometimes working nights catches up with ya.

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: MattP ]</p>

Bugeye58

Yoda
Huston?.....HUSTON?............
Gee, and after all these years I'd been spelling it H O U S T O N . Y'all know, kinda like Sam?

Its kinda funny, but when I was stationed in Houston County, Ga., they pronounced it as "Howston".
Just my DamYankee two cents worth.
Jeff

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MattP:

The great thing about the Texas is the variety. Anywhere you are, you can probably find the opposite without leaving the state. Enjoy Houston, but speaking as a Texican expatriate, don't limit your enjoyment but cutting off any section of your state.
<hr></blockquote>

Gotta agree with Matt. I was born in Midland, lived in Corpus Christi for a while, but raised in Shreveport LA (folks in LA always complained that Shreveport was REALLY part of Texas).

But the diversity, as well as the size, of Texas is why they call it "a whole 'nother country."

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: Mickey Richaud ]</p>

Ed Wynne

I was in a eatery "Up North", a chain called "Texas Grill". The waitress, a local, who had never been to Texas, but was wearing a "Don't Mess with TEXAS" t-shirt, struck up a conversation with my party when she learned we were from there.

"I think most Texans are arrogant A$$es,... take this t-shirt for example." she offered.

We politely explained that "Don't mess with Texas" is an anti-litter campaign. That the more historically correct, if dated, term was Texians, not Texans... and that its probably not wise to call your customers arrogant a$$es, if you appreciate tips....

On a positive note, the steak was good.. I have trouble finding decent steaks in Texas.

Ed

t-rocks69

wayne this may sound funny but try americas are churasccos in houston (south american resturants)but damm good steaks pricey but damm good..eveybody else i love san antionio i think its a fun place espcailly to drive with the top down in the hills around the city and definty keep it as weired as possible i love it that way..the same with austin..