Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Just put on the spare you kept, last time you replaced the rotor
Seriously, you should have a spare on hand. Order two of them.
Probably won't hurt anything to try gluing it together, but I have serious doubts it will work for very long. Lots of electrical stress on that plastic, and the edges of the crack provide a path for the voltage to follow to ground.
I get my cap and rotor at World Wide Auto in Madison, WI. And change them once a year, or about 10,000 to 12,000 miles. I don't carry a spare. https://www.nosimport.com/
Cap is made in Germany and rotor in Italy.
Before installing the rotor I use a small screwdriver and make several lite vertical scratches inside from top to bottom. This makes sure it fits snugly on the shaft. (A tip from Jeff at Advanced)
Cool, Tom. Thanks for sharing. I'll try that. I suppose the thin
scratches leave very small raised areas on each side and that makes for
a slightly snug fit, huh?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.