PatGalvin
Jedi Warrior
Offline
Hello once again.
Lots of questions while I'm building my engine.
My parts came back from the shop without the shims that fit between crankshaft timing sprocket and the crankshaft. I can scalp a couple off another engine in a pinch but how do I set crankshaft/camshaft alignment? That is, how do I know how many shims/what thickness to use for this? I checked the workshop manual and cannot see any instructions for setting the shim thickness and thus the alignment between these two gears.
Thanks again
Pat
Lots of questions while I'm building my engine.
My parts came back from the shop without the shims that fit between crankshaft timing sprocket and the crankshaft. I can scalp a couple off another engine in a pinch but how do I set crankshaft/camshaft alignment? That is, how do I know how many shims/what thickness to use for this? I checked the workshop manual and cannot see any instructions for setting the shim thickness and thus the alignment between these two gears.
Thanks again
Pat
Hey Guest!