Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hi JJBunn, I really do not know what brand mirror you have. However, my experience with a few indicates that a coil spring is used to hold the glass in place.---Fwiw--Keoke
Thats right there is a coil spring.
I have had mine apart to clean and lube when it would not adjust. Should have taken pictures.
If I get time will look tonight
Here's a photo of what this one looks like. The mirror appears to have been glued in place, but that is perhaps a fix rather than the correct attachment method?
I don't see the groove for the spring, so I think that is the way yours is designed. The ones with the flat spring have a groove in the housing, just above where the glass sits.
Pep Boys should have the double-sided trim tape.
Here's a close-up of the spring kind, showing the ends of the spring in the groove.
Julian,
That looks like the same substance (glue) used on my
original bullet mirrors. I had new mirrors cut at a glass shop and he used silcone adhesive cement. Mine did not have a spring inside. I use a piece of foam inside ,between the
mirror and the mounting plate, to hold the plate in place
for the screw.
Joe
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.