Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can someone post photo or link me to a visual on dash as it came from factory, A photo would be great so I can make sure I get correct knobs switches gauge faces etc..
On the water/oil gauge, are the bugeyes faces different than later models to match speedo and tack face. I see them on E-bay and not sure if they are period correct
Well no. It is the clock from an MGB that Tony gave me and I then replaced the chrome ring with one from an old Smiths gauge.
The inards are from Germany, it is electric 12 volt, and it keeps perfect time.
Now you know the real story.
Bugeye faces all match. However, that said a later model water/oil gauge can be used and the face replaced with the proper one from one that is not restoreable. Yep I did that as well.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.