Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
In OH, process is to get Inspection by I believe Ohio State Trooper to validate VIN. May be able ot get local PD to provide but needs ot be done before one can apply for Registration.
So this is what I did for my BE. I "bought" a painted tub, with only the rear axle loosely attached. The PO did not have the "pink" slip (registration), but did have a bill of sale from his PO. I was worried that I purchased a box of parts rather than a car. Oh, and there was no VIN tag. So, I installed the dashboard with the speedo installed, had a VIN tag made up by the local trophy store guy, and then called the local police to inspect. So, the local police officer came to my house, looked at the VIN and the odometer, and wrote stuff down on the correct DMV form. I then took all this to the local CA DMV office (don't forget to get an appointment..much faster) and then I was given a registration AND along with my 60 FROG license plate. Just so easy! A registration for a car with no engine, no interior and no wheels!
Scott in CA
Similiar to the process I am planning on following. I did make the unfortunate mistake of conversing with DMV via e-mail. Hopefully the VIN from CA has not been logged into their system to be flagged at a later date.
I just got thje word, Bugsy II is now back on 4 wheels. Weather in Toronto warmed up this afternoon and Nick bolted the rear end back into Bugsy II. Thanks Nick, going to make loading and unloading a whole lot simpler. Yet 2 days and counting down till I get to see Bugsy II in person.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.