John Moore
Jedi Knight
Offline
I've been cleaning up the garage and thinking about starting the body work on my '61 bugeye. It needs both the rockers and floor pans replaced. Which should I do first? I'll do one at a time to maintain enough rigidity and keep the body aligned much as possible. Of course I'll reinforce the door openins, etc. FWIW, I'll probably have to do some repairs in the spring boxes and I'm not sure at this time if I'll have to replace the inner sills, just the rockers.
Thoughts?
Oh yeah, I found a local guy who said he would sand blast the body for around $500! I thought that sounds like a great deal, except for the fact he said he would use black beauty. I asked him if that might cause panel warpage, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. I dunno! Maybe I should just strip it myself.
Thoughts?
Oh yeah, I found a local guy who said he would sand blast the body for around $500! I thought that sounds like a great deal, except for the fact he said he would use black beauty. I asked him if that might cause panel warpage, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. I dunno! Maybe I should just strip it myself.
Hey Guest!