Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Who has some good shots of the bugeye rear brake assy?
My brother is assembling his and I don't remember the bugeye system (which is different from the later type.
BillM
Thanks, guys. So the only springs are the two that hold the shoes together? The shop manual vaguely references a spring that hold the shoes snug against the backing plate. VB shows it as a "Spring - shoe steady." Is this spring necessary? If so, how does it go on?
Yes, there is technically two "steady" springs per side. They are a coiled spring with a dog leg at the bottom. They go into each shoe in the middle (see the hole) and hook onto the backing plate. Usually a bear to install, and some springs are not made correctly which makes it even worse. I personally do not use the hold down springs as there just is not much need. What do others think?
Scott in CA
More importantly I want to know when he's going to get it back on the road. Bugsy needs to do a house call to Marc's House soon to get him enthused once again in getting this one back on the road. He needs to get out and drive a Sprite to see the fun he's been missing over the past 4 years.
Jim
He has been working on it pretty hard for the past month (since he got the body back from the shop).
Go on and give him a push, he will push back!! (I know from many years of experience!! )
BillM
Bill,
I'll give him a call. Right now every free minute taken up with Lake Cottage Remodel that Mama wants done by Mid May. All my time and money going there right now. Glad to hear Marc Sprite is back from the body shop after I don't know how long. I need to get up and look at his garage as well. I'll see what I can do to inspire him.
Did he rebuild the 1275 or is he going back in with the 948. Last time we talked he was going to do as little as possible to get it drivable and hten do the upgrades.
Thanks Bill, weather is going to be sunny and mid '70s rest of the week. Now if I can get out of work early I might be able to find time to run up there this week.
No need to motivate - I am hitting it pretty hard but you are welcome to visit anytime, Jim! VB and McMaster Carr are my best friends right now. Will add the beehive springs. Gerard - yes, I sent the master cylinder off to get reworked, also the front shocks. Hoping to get it all put back together and driving this summer.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.