Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I've about worn out Google looking for a picture of an original strap to stow the hood in a Bugeye. Horler shows a reproduction one, but that's as close as I can get. Does anyone have one on their Bugeye or have a picture of one?
Thanks, Rut
when I first got my bugeye, it had a cloth strap in Olive drab with a military buckle. my spare tire hold down strap is in Olive Drab as well. anybody else's like that?
My spare tire hold down (if I can find it) is olive drab webbing as well, but I have no clue about the hood strap. It makes since that it would be the same.
Rut
Back in November 2015 Bill M was taking a bunch of stuff to a swap meet in Irvine CA. His list of stuff he was taking to the swap meet included 2 straps at $10 each.
You might want to check with Bill M to see if he still has them
when I first got my bugeye, it had a cloth strap in Olive drab with a military buckle. my spare tire hold down strap is in Olive Drab as well. anybody else's like that?
To reduce the rattle I put a 1/8" thick piece of rubber gasket on the floor of the bracket, some adhesive weatherstrip on the inside front and rubber feet mounted with the top screw. I did not cut my rubber mat/Hardura that covers the rear deck, but I did install snaps while I was installing the carpet so it would be easy to remove and that keeps it in place.
Rut
the one strap I found in my trunk looked like the long ones in this picture. only Olive drab, like my spare tire hold down. there's a bugeye spare tire holddown in the Horler book that is Olive Drab as well.
Years ago a guy had a bunch of these made that were exact replicas of the originals. I have had these for 10 years. He matched everything from the original including the unique buckle and the tip.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.