• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

bugeye locking trunk panel

pbraun

Jedi Trainee
This will work, with some reinforcements, and fabricating a proper channel, using the stock locking handle. The stripes are even growing on me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 19119339769_9291244647_o.jpg
    19119339769_9291244647_o.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 176
I think I might be tempted to make a remote release rather than have a handle on the exterior.

pbraun

Jedi Trainee

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Came out nice. How about a look on the inside?

pbraun

Jedi Trainee
Thanks, g, not done yet, more to come... don't have inside pics yet....

Last edited:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Nicely done and that color is beautiful. It brings to mind the stories of the MK II coming about because of consumer dissatisfaction with the bugeye lights, full lifting front end and lack of a trunk, all of which are what make the bugeye unique.

nomad

Yoda
Very nice but all I want is what Nor Cal speed shop is offering! I've got $250 to cover everything!:eagerness:

Kurt.

pbraun

Jedi Trainee
Thanks, g, not done yet, more to come... don't have inside pics yet....

Getting there - lots of little/large life delays!

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
I still have a boot lid and surround channel if anyone else wants to do this.