Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I've done it, but I can't recall exactly how I did it. I think there are tabs that need to be unbent. I also remember a tiny little ball and spring. Sorry, I'd have to go find one downstairs and look at it to remember. Rut, I'll do that if nobody else chimes in.
Scott,
ive tried pushing the pin on the knob in and the knob won't budge. There's enough friction between the lock and the knob to cause them to turn in unison and I would like to clean it up.
Thanks, Rut
I've had experience with two. The first I pushed the pin on the side in a slide the knob off without any problem. The second I all but destroyed the switch getting the knob off. The knob was absolutely frozen to the switch. In that case I had to break it into pieces. Didn't have a Dramel at the time. If I had I would have carefully cut it off.
The knob on my switch wouldn't come off either. My knob is a bit crooked, as if it was forced on at one time. No amount of pulling or levering would move it. The switch can still be disassembled; mine needed a new lock tumbler because the key was missing. The new tumbler (Moss) went in OK, but it is slightly different in length. The only way I can get the key out is to hold the Knob forward while pulling on the key.
Am I the one who said to push the pin in to remove the knob? Yes I think it was, no, I know it was!
I couldn't get the knob off the original switch either......Yes I tried to push the pin in, but no work-o.
I ended up cutting the knob off with a small grinder and buying a new knob!
Scott in CA
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.