• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugeye Electrical Wiring Diagram in Logic Format

Bill Young

Country flag
Here is my latest revision for the Bugeye Sprite electrical wiring diagram in ladder logic format. It will give you an idea how the power flows through the circuits. Let me know what you think?

Thanks

Bill Young
St. Johns Austin-Healey Club
Jacksonville, Florida

Attachments

• Bugeye WD rev G.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 470

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Very nicely done! Thanks.

RickF

Country flag
Looks great! But I would label a couple of the terminals on the ignition/light switch differently. The "H" terminal is for the headlights only. The "S" terminal should be labelled "S&T" and is for the side lights and tail lights, but not the headlights.

The ladder diagram is a lot easier to follow than a standard wiring diagram. 👍

Rick

BillyBud

Country flag
Here is my latest revision for the Bugeye Sprite electrical wiring diagram in ladder logic format. It will give you an idea how the power flows through the circuits. Let me know what you think?

Thanks

Bill Young
Jacksonville, Florida
Great logo, but maybe it should be a burnt out fuse instead of a lion. Regardless, super useful, thank you.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Bill customized this for me for Bugsy to include Genernator, Voltage Regulator Delete, Electric Fan, Negative Ground of course, and we worked through a few other goodies including LED Lamps, changing Lower Beehive Lamps in rear to support 1157 Bulbs like the front, and adding a jumper wire from Top Brake Light Bulbs so the Lower Bulbs illuminate as well for Brakes. Bugsy also includes new Speedhut Fuel Gauge just added this weekend, Speedhut GPS Speedo, and Speedhut Tach, Also added a Dual USB Connector with a Digital Voltage Readout under the dash. Lots of trick stuff to bring Bugsy into the modern era. Bill thanks Again and let me know when you are ready for help with those Front Disc Brakes for your BE.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Bill
I spent 40 years working on elevators and that was how most Co. prints were and your wire colors good job. I might be getting a Bugeye so thanks.
MF

OP
B

Bill Young

Country flag
Looks great! But I would label a couple of the terminals on the ignition/light switch differently. The "H" terminal is for the headlights only. The "S" terminal should be labelled "S&T" and is for the side lights and tail lights, but not the headlights.

The ladder diagram is a lot easier to follow than a standard wiring diagram. 👍

Rick
Rick
I took a further look at the ignition/light switch as you suggested and revised the diagram to better show the functionality of the switch positions and connections. The lighting switch is a rotary slide switch and I tried now to show how this works in the 3 positions.

Thanks for your input !!

Attachments

• Tabloid Bugeye WD rev G1.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 258

DrBob

Freshman Member
Country flag
Wow, terrific job on this. Will this apply to the 1500 Midget also? I actually have been spending time coloring in the shop schematic to make it easier for my 69-year-old eyes to follow the wire paths. Cumbersome task, to say the least.

Bob

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
The 1500 adds other things like warning lights fir this and that but the basic wiring colors stay the same. There is a 1500 wiring diagram in the shop manuals you can find at spridgetguru.com
And the BE diagram is for a positive ground car. Once you understand Bill’s Ladder Logic Diagram and can see how current flows, understand that everything needs a good ground you can make it work. And it can be applied to later Spridgets.

DrBob

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks. I have a wiring diagram from the shop manual. I was a telephone repair guy in my very younger years so wiring diagrams are not foreign to me, but this one sure makes the puzzle simple to follow

Bob

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks. I have a wiring diagram from the shop manual. I was a telephone repair guy in my very younger years so wiring diagrams are not foreign to me, but this one sure makes the puzzle simple to follow

Bob
Well I was a sales guy for AT&T and then a Project Manager for the last 15. Took my physical for Wisconsin Bell and nurse handed me a 100 pair cable and said splice those sends together. A few minutes later proudly handed her the cable back. She said you better take a closer look at that. I relooked and handed it back. She shook her head and stamped my physical report. Not Qualified for Cable Splicing. I like 60% of male population am color blind. .

DrBob

Freshman Member
Country flag
🤭 Bet that was a shock. Girlfriends ever complain about your lousy taste in clothes? Lol

Bob

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My son is profoundly colour blind. when my daughter was born they asked if they could do an eye test on her. (the hospital is connected with a university) in the course of the test they said could they test my son for another study - we said sure but he is colour blind (he was 4 1/2) the poo pooed us saying colour blindness is never disgnosed that young - he didn't get past the 2nd page of the colour blind pattern book. His coping mechanisms over the years are truly remarkable. And recently got the colour blindness correcting glasses - and is amazed.

Oh and years ago my son, my brother in law and his brother and I went canoeing - I was pointing out some early fall leaf colour changes - None of the could see it. I then realized that all three of them were colour blind and if the colour blindness test gruop was those two canoes it would have been me who had the problem. 😁

anagy66

Freshman Member
Country flag
Rick
I took a further look at the ignition/light switch as you suggested and revised the diagram to better show the functionality of the switch positions and connections. The lighting switch is a rotary slide switch and I tried now to show how this works in the 3 positions.

Thanks for your input !!
Rick

Thanks for your input !!
Bill,
Great simplified ladder wiring diagram. I'll use it when adding relays to my 1973 Midget.

Thanks for your work!

DrBob

Freshman Member
Country flag

Thanks

Bill Young
Jacksonville, Florida
Do you have this for the Midget?

DrBob

Freshman Member
Country flag
Do you have this for the Midget?