Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I've started adjusting the doors on my Bugeye and realized I'm missing one of the door strikers. I really want to use the originals vs a reproduction and wondered if anyone has one they are willing to part with.
Thanks, Rut
Jim,
Thanks, but even though they say it fits better than the Moss striker I would rather have an original. Now the good news...I found a pair on eBay that I missed before!
Rut
Usually, used ones are pretty worn out. If you can not find NOS, then you might be better with new.[/QUOTE
what would one look for in terms of wear? The whole door latch assembly seems pretty straightforward. Mine won't latch closed without me pulling the knob down before closing the door all the way however...is that a worn condition?
mark
Trevor,
The ones from Moss are too big to allow it to fully lock, so I bought a pair on eBay in hopes that one would be good. I have no experience with the ones from NOS Locators, but will give them a try if the used ones are too loose.
Thanks, Rut
You can look at the bottom of the strike and see wear from the latch. You may also just need to take the latch out and check to see that it's working smoothly . Or maybe just lube it. If it's bee stiff for years, it probably wore out the strike. Somehow, I'd think that a really worn strike would not latch very well in any case.
I have a used one in very good shape( probably passenger side) if you want it.
Bill
Thanks guys! Ray, no hurry since I still have a lot of things I'm doing to finish up. I will post a couple of updated pictures of my progress on a new topic.
Thanks, Rut
Ray,
The door striker arrived yesterday afternoon along with a spacer (I've never seen that) and 2 screws. Thanks so much for a striker that fits well!
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.