Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I am wondering, without going shopping, do I need a Series 51 or 51R battery? I want the positive terminal to be near the dash and on the right side of the car ?
Thank you
Don't know what a 51 or 51r are but I would consider getting as small of a battery as you need to get the job done. The battery is unnecessary weight located high up in the car. I like to put them in a plastic boat battery box with notches cut so that a strap can be hooked to the hold down loop's. If you are ever in an accident you don't want it to short out against the bonnet at the same time that fuel is likely to be splashed around!
I am wondering, without going shopping, do I need a Series 51 or 51R battery? I want the positive terminal to be near the dash and on the right side of the car ?
Thank you
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.