Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I currently have my temp probe in the radiator and every now and then I get a little air pocket which causes the temp to read low. Any reason not to move it to the head?
Thanks, Rut
Rut, Mine is in the head, no issue with Bugsy and AM Aluminum Radiator. I'm using Revotec Inline Controller in lower hose to turn electric fan On/Off. I had a 180 degree thermostat and just switched to a 160. Have not tried it yet but RevoTec kicks electric fan on at 190 and with a 180 thermostat in there I seem to be kicking the electric Fan on a lot. Mechanical 6 blades fan also in place. Hopefully this will eliminate to much cooling stuff going on at the same time.
Bill I just measured my old Jaeger Gauge and it is about 1 7/16 from the back of the collar to the end of the sensor. My new Smith gauge measures between 1.5” to 1 9/16 from the back of the collar. 1/8” deeper. So where do i find the adapter. Glad I learned this before I wrecked my new combo gauge.
Thanks Bill. Ordering today. Bugsy's coming together. Radiator plumbed and installed back to the heater. Todays challenge is to put front tilt brackets back on the bonnet and see if I can find help to get it installed, then cut and buff paint on the bonnet. Exhaust reinstall, Wiring Harness, Gas Tank to follow and then Vroom, Vroom. Windshield, Wipers, Interior to follow. Driving soon
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.