• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 British Leyland Badge Location on TR6

Mike_Roe

Freshman Member
Hi everyone! Help a friend keep his TR6 running, and he wants to put the "British Leyland" badges back on the front fenders, just ahead of the doors, and wants to make sure they're in the right position. Can someone take measurements off theirs and post? Thanks!

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I don't know if all the cars were the same. I've seen them put all over the place. I was going to post a picture of a picture of my car before restoration with the original paint on the fender but my camera is dead right now. The picture shows the measurements as. 2" from the side edge of the fender, and 4 3/4" up from the bottom of the door edge line. If you need I can post a picture on Sat. I took this picture to show me exactly were it was placed. I then marked it with the measurements.

D

DougF

There were no exact measurements. From what I've read, they were usually placed in a general area back toward the door. My first car had them a little below mid fender height, about 6 inches back from the wheel well. Some cars came with only one, some probably with none at all.
I placed mine in a box in the basement.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Mine are exactly 1.25" from the rear edge of the fender and 4.25" above the crease at the bottom of the fender.

That is where my originals were from the factory, but I have seen other original cars that are closer to the measurements previously mentioned. Since they are glued on, it depends what the installer felt like doing that day. And some only had one from day one, or when they took delivery.

Attachments

• 18614.jpg
    18614.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 475

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I suspect the installer sometimes closed his eyes at the last second -- if you do this too as you stick it on you should get a 'correct' positioning.

I like the name they gave this logo back in the day -- the British Leyland "Toilet Bowl Swirl".

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I paid $20 about two years ago on eBay for a set of the "original" cast metal, light blue emblems. I thought it was crazy until I saw another set go a few weeks ago for over $100.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Here is a better picture than the previous one I posted.

Attachments

• 18618.jpg
    18618.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 667

af3683

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I have an original "British Leyland" badge if anyone is interested. Also have original "GT6" and "MG" badges as well as Sprite and Midget lettering.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Mike this is a picture I took of the car as original before I started the restoration. The second is a new picture of the same location. As you can see from mine and Pauls car you just need to get it in the general area.

Attachments

• 18623.jpg
    18623.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 625

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
second picture

Attachments

• 18624.jpg
    18624.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 727

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
And when you do decide where you want them to go, use painters tape and a level to make sure that they line up horizontally and vertically. Mine may look like it's tilted, but it's an optical illusion from the angle that I took the picture from.

Due to another car in the garage, I could not take a straight on picture like Keith did.