• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Off Topic British Cars and Coffee in North Salem NY Nov 1st

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
7 TR 6's showed up despite a drizzle when we started out at 7:45 am. First time mine was driven in any kind of rain in 20 years. The wipers were ridiculous - just moved the raindrops around. I'll try new blades. Also my instruments all fogged over with the exception of the oil pressure gauge. There were four red ones, all slightly different shades, 2 blue and one green one, a '75 with 3 huge Webers, armored fuel lines, aluminum radiator, Goodparts shroud, a strange battery with what looked like 6 separate cells and a custom holder for it. The ultimate TR6. Sorry I have no pictures. One owner almost spun out on the wet roads- I had no problems but I didn't push it for sure never having driven a TR6 on a wet road with fallen leaves. A good time was had by all and once you leave the horrible bumpy roads in Stamford, Routes 137 and 121 were perfect for these cars with sweeping S bends and a smooth surface. I remembered why I bought this car and all the other sports cars I've owned for the last 60 years.

OP
Tom74TR6

Tom74TR6

Hi Paul,
Glad you were able to attend
attachment.php

Attachments

• C&C11-1-15.jpg
    C&C11-1-15.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 138

rooster

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
@Tom, For that blue TR6 in the foreground, is there any info on the wheel/tire combination? They look great!

Thanks

Todd

OP
Tom74TR6

Tom74TR6

@Tom, For that blue TR6 in the foreground, is there any info on the wheel/tire combination? They look great!

Thanks

Todd

They are Konig Rewinds 16x7 with Continental tires 205x60x16
Joe's are silver, mine are gunmetal with Avids
toms1_zpsctmb15ff.jpg

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I went back this morning with wife and daughte. No Trs but a bunch of $$ new Porsches roared in around 12 noon accompanied by a Lotus and what turned out to be a McLaron. Never saw one close up before. Then a lady on a bicycle showed up and started screaming at one of the Porsche drivers for pushing her off the road, scaring her to death, she's a mother of 3 children, he was doing 85 mph, etc, etc.He tried to calm her down but it was no use. Sort of spoiled the morning for me. Then my daughter said she was turned off by so much conspicuous consumption. Most of these guys looked to be in their 30s - probably hedge fund or techies. I don't think she would have called us TR guys that - would she?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
PD - what a rotten situation. And here in eastern CT we're often "besieged" by packs of dozens of motorcycles, ignoring traffic lights and stop signs so the group isn't "broken up", roaring through at well over the posted speed limits. Often riding side by side by side so they're even partially in the other lane.

As in all things, it's not the vehicle - it's the driver.

The Porsche incident is a shame - but I'm afraid it'll be a growing problem as society (and roads) get more crowded and the conspicuous consumption continues.

Reminds me of a neighbor who installed his roof-top solar panels on the "street" side of the house, so everyone could see them. But the sun never shines on the street side of the house. Oy.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
She also screamed she was going to call the police. Yuppies like this make it bad for the rest of us. Around here, Porsche drivers seem to be resented more than any other makes. These GT3 Porsches sell for about $132K basic and lease for about $2300/month. Hardly chicken feed. You could own a dozen TR6's for the price of one of these.The Lotus driver was a friendly African-American.He told me he had driven the car to California and back.