Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My wife thinks her dash lights are too dim. I need to brighten things up. Does any one have numbers for the same size bulb but brighter (higher wattage). I should have gotten her a flashlight for christmas!!!!
The only thing that I'd like to have brighter is the turn signal indicator. My kids are giving me grief about driving around with the turn signal on. I told them to wait until I get really old.....
I can't hear the signal over the other "Spridget noises", and the indicator bulb is really dim.
The December issue of Austin-Healey Club USA magazine has an article on LED replacement bulbs. The vendor in this case is Super bright LEDS (www. superbrightleds.com)
Gage lighting replacement is WLED-WHP. For turn signal,replacement is WLED-G90. Both of these require a wedge-type receptacle.
There are pictures of the led's on the web site. Basically I believe that you just push the "bulb" into the socket and not push and twist like the traditional lamps.
Nelson I think you need to have a different type of receptacle that the bulb fits into that needs to be wired into the circuit and that will fit into the instrument clusters. I saw bulbs at the site that was referred to but nothing in the way of a socket to plug them into.
There was extensive discussion of less and brighter instrument lights on both the Big Healey and Triumph lists a few weeks ago would link to them but not sophisticated enough with the smartphone to figure out how to post a link vendors and part numbers included
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.