Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I am rebuilding my brake mc and can not figure out the easiest way to remove the secondary plunger that engages the reservoir? It is the hexagonal piece in the picture...
I inserted a machine screw backwards in the tipping valve area holding it in a vice-grip and tried to remove but it doesn't budge!? I read to apply pressure on the plunger while you unscrew the nut, but Im getting nowhere!?
I believe you are on the right track, that nut (the hexagonal piece) is just really tight. Nelson wrote that he was able to use a pipe wrench on the shank of a 5/16" bolt, but I would suggest getting a proper 1/2" Allen wrench. An overnight soak in PB Blaster would probably help, too.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.